Skip to main content

When it’s all said & done

Learning to pursue what truly matters

Years ago, I got to a place in my life where things were going pretty well… I had everything I pretty much asked for. Yet I still had this vague feeling of discontentment. Something was just not right on the inside.

Have you ever felt that way? Maybe you’ve wondered, What’s wrong with me?, like I did.       

Although I wanted all of the “fruit” of God’s spirit – love, joy, peace, patience – operating in my life, I wasn’t seeking it. So spiritually speaking, I wasn’t a very deep person. I has my priorities backwards…as many of us do at times. We want the money, the house, the promotion or whatever that thing is, So we pursue that rather than the true treasure of God’s presence.

But just like a tree needs deep, wide- reaching roots in order to support big, strong branches that can withstand the harsh elements of the outdoors, Christians need to be deeply rooted and grounded in the Word of God. It’s His love that sustains us- not our “stuff,”

 Don’t get me wrong. It’s okay to want nice things. But there’s a difference between desiring them and seeking them-and that’s something we’d be wise to focus on each day of our lives.

Image result for Coffee drink

  • What are you seeking in life? The word seek is an extremely strong word. It means “to crave, to pursue, to make sacrifices to get or go after something with all of your strength and all of your heart.” There are only a handful of things the Bible actually tells us to seek, including God himself, THE KINGDOM OF God, righteousness, peace, and love. Never once does it say we should pursue temporary, earthy things.


Every now and then, I think it’s good idea to do a little soul searching and ask yourself, What am I seeking? In other words, what do you spend most of your time doing? What do you talk about the most? What are you putting most of your energy into?

If you realized that you’ve been chasing things rather than God Himself, I encourage you to visualize your final hours. I know it’s not particularly pleasant to imagine, but if we just think realistically about what that day would look like, it might help us change the way we spend today.

  • How will putting God first change your day? If you have a strong inner life – that is, you know who are in Christ and you know that you’re right with God-then what goes on around you doesn’t have to matter all that much. In fact, it’s amazing what you can go through with smile on your face! You can be hurting pretty badly yourself and yet have a deep desire to help other people.


That’s when we know we’re mature sons and daughters of God-when our life isn’t wrapped up in what we want, what we think, and how we feel. Instead, we’ve wrapped up in what God has done in our lives and how we can help grow His kingdom while we’re still here on this earth.

You and I can have a lot of “stuff,” but there’s nothing more valuable in this life than knowing God loves us and that we’re right with Him. I believe that during our final hours, that’s what we’ll find to be truly important.

Matthew 6:33 says, But seek (aim at and strive after) first of all His kingdom and His righteousness (His way of doing and being right), and then all these things taken together will be given you besides.

When you chase after God and make Him your first priority, then you’ll really get to know Him and He’ll give you the things that are right for you at the right time, and in the right way.

I’ve been a shallow person and I know what it like is to need something deeper. I want to encourage you to really chase after God; live each day of your life pursuing what really matters. Don’t spend your whole life in the shallow waters, wrapped up in what you want, think and feel. Let Him be first in your life-and you’ll soon discover it’s the most amazing way to live.


See Isaiah 55:6, 1Peter 3:11, and 1 Corinthians 14:1

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanted: Guest Bloggers & New Followers

As you know “My Unique Girlz” is a place to share inspiring and uplifting posts that will help others in their everyday life. I want to give my fellow bloggers and readers the opportunity to guest post on my unique girlz. Also share fun facts, recipes and life changing stories. If you are interested please send me an email (myuniquegirlz@hotmail.com) with your ideas, with Guest Blogging in the subject line. Looking forward to hearing from you! Dear New Followers , I just wanted to thank you guys for the great comments you are leaving on my post. Thanks for following “My Unique Girlz” and I pray that this blog is encouraging and helping you in your everyday life. I’m always looking forward to reading your post also, they are really good too J . Inside scoop: First Giveaway coming soon! 

Hit The Delete Button

The other day I was watching Joel Osteen on television and he was talking about deleting negative things people may say about us. A lot of times we accept negative criticism that people say to us like, “you are never going to amount to anything in life; you’re never going to be the person you think you  are going to be when you grow up (doctor, lawyer, etc.)”.  When people keep talking about us negatively and we listen, we start believing it. We start saying to ourselves that I would never ever be able to do that. I don’t have the capability to do that at my skill level. Now we’re so deep in our own negative thoughts that down the line we’re never going to be who God called us to be in life. Instead of receiving negative comments from people, we need to delete them. You ask how, by saying the opposite. I will be that when I grow up. I am at that skill level to get that job. Never give up when you’re trying to reach your goals. When people say no never give up and keep pushing towa

My First Liebster Award!

This is my first award I ever received and I‘m really excited. I’m glad my readers are enjoying my post. I was nominated by the lovely Martina @  blessedamazingly . For those of you who don't know a Leibster Award is awarded to people who have less than 200 Followers!  Thank you Martina for nominating me! This means so much to me! The Rules are as Follows: 1.                Share 11 facts about myself 2.                Answer 11 questions from my nominator 3.                Nominate 11 followers (with less than 200 followers) for the award 4.                Create 11 questions for nominee to answer 5.                And when the Nominee is finished you must link it back to me (as I did above) in your blog post 11 Facts About Me 1. My favorite color is red   2. I always wanted to learn how to snow board one day.   3. I love to read books. I can read a whole book in one day.   4. I was such a tomboy when I was young. I lovin