Skip to main content

If You Love God...


Finding The Path to the Greatest Life Possible




No one should be satisfied with a mediocre, barely-get-along kind of life. God has great plan for every single person, and I want to encourage you to go for the very best life He has for you. If you want to get to that life, the key is obedience to God and an understanding of His great love for you!
I used to have to hide teachings about obedience under a difference title because people honestly get hung up on this word. But I decided I didn't want to hide it anymore, because obedience to God truly is the path to the greatest life possible.

But it’s pointless for me to teach you to obey God more without teaching you how to love God more and to let Him Love you. Because the only thing that is truly going to compel you to be obedience is your love for Christ.

If you love God… John 14:15 says, If you [really] love me, you will keep (obey) My commands. Notice Jesus didn't say, “If you keep My commands, I’ll love you, “He already love you perfectly, and He could never love you more than He does at this very moment.

Now, I’m not saying we can buy more of God’s love through our obedience, but our love for Him will grow as we live in obedience to Him and as we experience His faithfulness. I obey God much more now than I did thirty years ago, but I also love God and His Word much more than I did back then. I love Him for who He is… because He’s beautiful and amazing. And it’s because of that love for Him that I want to obey Him.

Are you living in obedience? Is there any area in your life where you are being disobedience? When I taught this at a conference once, almost every hand in the building went up when I asked that question.
I want to encourage you with the same advice I gave them. Just like a parent with a child, God is saying to each of us, “Why didn't you just do what I tell you to do? I’m telling you this for your own good.” The truth is, whatever God asks us to do, it’s for our benefit, so we need to take it seriously and submit to His direction.

He’s not taking things away from us to be mean or giving us a long list of impossible rules. He’s teaching us what things are going to benefit us and what aren't  because He wants us to live the very best life we can. He doesn't want us to be bitter, hurt, resentful, and lost, which often come as a result of disobedience. He wants us to have righteousness, peace, love and joy.

How do you obey Him? First, make a commitment to obey His Word. In other words, anything you read in the Bible that tells you what to do or not to do – do that. If you don’t understand some of it, focus on the things you do understand first. Start with the clear instructions like, “Forgive your enemies; pray for those who hurt you.” And remember that even though the instructions are clear, you’re still going to have to be determined to do it. It may not be easy to forgive people that hurt you, but it’s actually a lot easier than being bitter and resentful your whole life. And remember that whatever God asks you to do, He will give you the ability to do it.

Second, obey the prompting of the Holy Spirit for your life. God doesn't lead every individual in the same way. The Bible applies to everyone, but the Bible doesn't give every detail of everything we need to do. That’s why we also need to listen to the promptings of the Holy Spirit in our heart.

My prayer is this teaching is an encouragement to you. No matter how many things you need to work on, give them to God one by one and let Him do the work in you. As you step out and become determined to obey Him, He will help you do what needs to be done. And not only will you experience more peace and joy, but your love for God will grow and grow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wanted: Guest Bloggers & New Followers

As you know “My Unique Girlz” is a place to share inspiring and uplifting posts that will help others in their everyday life. I want to give my fellow bloggers and readers the opportunity to guest post on my unique girlz. Also share fun facts, recipes and life changing stories. If you are interested please send me an email (myuniquegirlz@hotmail.com) with your ideas, with Guest Blogging in the subject line. Looking forward to hearing from you! Dear New Followers , I just wanted to thank you guys for the great comments you are leaving on my post. Thanks for following “My Unique Girlz” and I pray that this blog is encouraging and helping you in your everyday life. I’m always looking forward to reading your post also, they are really good too J . Inside scoop: First Giveaway coming soon! 

Hit The Delete Button

The other day I was watching Joel Osteen on television and he was talking about deleting negative things people may say about us. A lot of times we accept negative criticism that people say to us like, “you are never going to amount to anything in life; you’re never going to be the person you think you  are going to be when you grow up (doctor, lawyer, etc.)”.  When people keep talking about us negatively and we listen, we start believing it. We start saying to ourselves that I would never ever be able to do that. I don’t have the capability to do that at my skill level. Now we’re so deep in our own negative thoughts that down the line we’re never going to be who God called us to be in life. Instead of receiving negative comments from people, we need to delete them. You ask how, by saying the opposite. I will be that when I grow up. I am at that skill level to get that job. Never give up when you’re trying to reach your goals. When people say no never give up and keep pushing towa

Watch God Work!

By: Joyce Meyer Moses told the people, Fear not; stand still (firm, confident, undismayed) and see the salvation of the Lord which He will work for you today… The Lord will fight for you, and you shall hold your peace and remain at rest.                                                                                       Exodus 14:13-14 We have free access to God. We can go before Him anytime we want to. We don’t need a special invitation. The throne room is always open, God is always home, He is never napping or on the phone. We can go boldly, expecting Him to meet our need and do it willingly and joyfully. No doubt millions of people pray, but the question we want answered is, how do they pray? Do they pray expectantly, boldly, fearlessly, confidently, aggressively, or ashamed, condemned, asking for barely enough to get by on and seriously doubting if they will even get that? You go, girl! Start praying like you have never prayed before. Believe that God wan