Skip to main content

Guest Post: Lesson Two On Love


I'm so glad to have my mom as a guest blogger again. I pray that her message on love will be a blessing to you guys and make a difference in your life.
                                                             ______________


Hi, my name is Ginny and I am going to be sharing lesson 2 on love.  Before I do, I want to tell you a little about myself.  I am a mother of three great children and grandmother of two wonderful young people.  One of my children is the young lady that started this site. Her name is Shanay and my oldest daughter.  She has such a heart to help others and loves to hear about the victories in your lives.  She also prays for you as well.

One of my favorite scriptures in the Bible is Romans 8:28…I am not going to type it out because I want you all to look it up!  My heart’s desire is to make a difference in the lives of others, especially women, young and older.
                                                            



The last lesson was about the love of God, and today’s lesson is about loving ourselves.  The two commandments that Jesus left were for us to love God and to love others as we love ourselves.  In order to truly love someone else, you first have to love yourself.  It is impossible to give away something that we do not possess.
The love I am talking about is not self-centered or perverted.  We are to receive the love that God has given us and by doing so, we will then realize that we are valuable and worth being respected. We must first respect ourselves before we can respect anyone else.

Young men and women really need to understand that they need to love themselves so they will not be fooled by false love from other individuals.  If someone tells you that they love you, but then request things of you that are against what you have been taught or is against the word of God, then you need to let that person know, that true love is not conditional. Also let them know that you care enough about yourself that you are willing to wait for the true love that God has for you.  Don’t be duped by the “if you love me you will”… let them know “if you love me you will wait”.

I used to smoke and drink, neither which are good for you.  I thank God for the day when He opened my eyes to quit both.  I did not do either of those things to impress anyone, but I did stop because I know I was worth more than putting poison into my body on a daily basis. Smoking and drinking will not keep you out of Heaven, but it could get you there sooner than you want to go!!!

We are special in the eyes of God and because we are, we need to see ourselves that way.  Don’t look at the things you can’t do, rejoice in the things you can.  We can always learn to do better in areas that are not our greatest right now.  One of the things I say on a daily basis is that: I will never give up, never give out and never give in.  When I say that, I am talking about all the things that try to stop me from enjoying and succeeding in the life God has planned for my life.


Never, and I mean never, allow someone else to define who you are.  If someone says something negative about you, throw it out.  Even if someone praises you, say thank you and continue on.   Give God the glory for the things He is doing in your life, but don’t get a big head because you do something great.  Remember that with God we can do all things, and without Him, we can do nothing. The gifts that God gave you, use them to help others and to give honor to God, but don’t toot your own horn.

I am asking each of you to read 1 Corinthians 13 every day for one month.  Get it into your heart and begin to live it.  Also read Mark 12:30-31, they are the two greatest commandments that Jesus left for us to abide by.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wanted: Guest Bloggers & New Followers

As you know “My Unique Girlz” is a place to share inspiring and uplifting posts that will help others in their everyday life. I want to give my fellow bloggers and readers the opportunity to guest post on my unique girlz. Also share fun facts, recipes and life changing stories. If you are interested please send me an email (myuniquegirlz@hotmail.com) with your ideas, with Guest Blogging in the subject line. Looking forward to hearing from you! Dear New Followers , I just wanted to thank you guys for the great comments you are leaving on my post. Thanks for following “My Unique Girlz” and I pray that this blog is encouraging and helping you in your everyday life. I’m always looking forward to reading your post also, they are really good too J . Inside scoop: First Giveaway coming soon! 

Hit The Delete Button

The other day I was watching Joel Osteen on television and he was talking about deleting negative things people may say about us. A lot of times we accept negative criticism that people say to us like, “you are never going to amount to anything in life; you’re never going to be the person you think you  are going to be when you grow up (doctor, lawyer, etc.)”.  When people keep talking about us negatively and we listen, we start believing it. We start saying to ourselves that I would never ever be able to do that. I don’t have the capability to do that at my skill level. Now we’re so deep in our own negative thoughts that down the line we’re never going to be who God called us to be in life. Instead of receiving negative comments from people, we need to delete them. You ask how, by saying the opposite. I will be that when I grow up. I am at that skill level to get that job. Never give up when you’re trying to reach your goals. When people say no never give up and keep pushing towa

My First Liebster Award!

This is my first award I ever received and I‘m really excited. I’m glad my readers are enjoying my post. I was nominated by the lovely Martina @  blessedamazingly . For those of you who don't know a Leibster Award is awarded to people who have less than 200 Followers!  Thank you Martina for nominating me! This means so much to me! The Rules are as Follows: 1.                Share 11 facts about myself 2.                Answer 11 questions from my nominator 3.                Nominate 11 followers (with less than 200 followers) for the award 4.                Create 11 questions for nominee to answer 5.                And when the Nominee is finished you must link it back to me (as I did above) in your blog post 11 Facts About Me 1. My favorite color is red   2. I always wanted to learn how to snow board one day.   3. I love to read books. I can read a whole book in one day.   4. I was such a tomboy when I was young. I lovin